What have we been up to? Here is a short list:
- Interviewing with local media outlets – WBUR (yay!!) and Lex media
- Planning for the walkout on March 14th.
- Planning buses for Boston and Washington DC.
- Making posters.
- Crafting giveaways for our marchers.
- Working on our website.
- Working on social media campaigns.
- Sending email campaigns.
- Meeting school administration.
- Planning community panels with Follen gun prevention group
We need funds to support following:
1. On March 24, 2018, Lexington students and citizens will travel to DC and Boston to join with “March For Our Lives” event, to raise their collective voices to join in the movement to end gun violence. The cost for transportation and lodging for these people is about $125 per person for DC and $25 for Boston. Not everyone can afford to pay this amount. We want to help students and their chaperones with a scholarship so that they can join the march.
2. We have built a website and need funds to pay for domain and WordPress subscription.
3. Contribute the left over to “March for Our Lives Boston”.
We have set a goal of $5000 dollars, which will fund the above much-needed items.
We are hopeful that the community will step up and assist our students in making it to this protest.